News & Updates
RIGID PLASTICS RECYCLING!
February 7, 2023
Flagstaff Waste is proud to announce the we will begin accepting Rigid plastics for recycling! Yellow Bins have been placed at the current recycle stations where you normally bring Cardboard, Tin, Newsprint and Office Paper.
It is important to note that plastics recycling will require public support to ensure the proper materials are being deposited in the bins. Excessive contamination will result in the material being landfilled.
Decals with examples of accepted plastics will be on each bin, it is a lot of information so its important that our Recycling Super hero’s (that’s you) take the time to read and fully understand what is accepted and not accepted. If there are any questions or concerns, please give us a call at 780-384-3950.
Outlined below are the materials which can and cannot be placed in the Yellow plastics recycling bins.
- Rigid Plastics #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7, plastic lids, but removed from container.
- Non-Rigid Plastics Like Bags, films, cling wrap, shower curtains, tarps, balloons, packing filler / Bubble wrap.
- Hazardous Materials containers – items with WHMIS labels on them.
- Mixed material items: Electronics, Suit cases, School binders (metal rings & cardboard inserts).
- Dirty containers – Please wash out any residue.
- Items that are not plastic. Dirt, Metal, Glass, Chemicals, Liquids, Wood, Cardboard, Paper, Rubber.
- Styrofoam – While made from plastic, there are different types and its difficult to tell them apart.
- No Biodegradable or Compostable Plastics
- No Biohazard, Medical, or Radioactive materials.