The Flagstaff Regional Association provides waste collection services for all urban residents as required. We take pride in our equipment and employees by ensuring a safe and healthy working environment.
When preparing your residential garbage for collection there are a few things to keep in mind:
1. All waste must be bagged prior to being placed in a waste receptacle.
2. There is a limit of four bags per residence. Extra bags require a bag tag which can be purchased from any town or village office. If there are extra bags set out for collection without tags they will not be collected.
3. Garbage must be accessible and within 6 meters of the roadway or lane with clear access to containers. In the winter months this includes snow removal. Collectors are not allowed to enter fenced premises, residential owners property, garages or other out buildings.
4. It is the responsibility of the resident to ensure the waste receptacles are kept clean, free of odor and insects. A disinfectant may be required.
5. Street collection may be instituted in the winter months due to weather conditions. Municipalities are responsible to notify the public of any changes.